Career Search Engine

Custom Search

Career Search Results

Thursday, November 06, 2008

>> Satisfaction in Workplace - Part 2

3. Enjoy the quiet. The evening and night shifts were less hectic without all the bosses, and we all found ways to have fun such as staging potlucks on the swing shift.

4. Yakity-Yak, and talk back. I could always share my frustrations with my coworkers as well as my wife. Getting it off my chest made me feel like I wasn't trying to do this all on my own.

5. Opportunity knocks. Even though I liked the odd shifts, I knew I couldn't exist indefinitely on them. I used much of the downtime at work and home to study for promotions. It worked.

So many people are thrown into shiftwork because it's the only thing available; it's the only way to make ends meet, or the only way to take care of the children. I guess the only thing worse is being out of options altogether. Believe me, I don't intend to dismiss the ramifications and downside of shiftwork. It's just that it isn't healthy to dwell on them. Stay positive.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin